Wednesday, September 22, 2004

I
The moon half full, I breathe the cool night breeze.
I look across the expanse of seed in anticipation.
I think of you and am in need
Of your kiss, your touch.

II
The moon half full, I think of you.
If I seem reserved it is my instinct
To retreat from your retreat though
Please understand it is in manner,
Not in heart. I fully realize
The hindrance you bear and state
In which you currently reside, the
Busyness of your day yet
Your reticence brings me doubt,
Yes, insecurity and lack of faith
Because I long to own your time
And I do not, cannot.

I therefore exist on air and words
Not action or touch. I thrive on
The trust in my heart and your
Words that bring me joy. I give
Patience and sweetness of
Understanding and logic. I give
Words of adulation unbound
And expression of thought.

Yes, I want you gone from her if
Only for yourself. I want you happy
And you seem not to be. Evidence
Supports you knew this before me.

I know well the excuses made.

Why now? Why wait.
For the obsessive mind there is no break.
It is all highly suspect and typical of
The jealous, the immature heart.