Monday, August 30, 2004

It was you that was
Quiet in your quietude
Today. But I read nothing
Into it. I presumed you were
Busy. And the night came
And I had much to do but
Waited, wanting to catch
My last glimpse yet I missed
You. I miss you still.

If you knew
The gift I give, the one
Where doubt and worry
Do not live, but where
Trust in truth, open and
Honest do I oft meet.
The place in me where
I do greet the new day bold.

It is in me to doubt,
Ingrained to the deep,
Self worth never to flout
In past I did repress, deny.
Most need humbling but not I,
I for you will reach the sky
My imperfections do not lie
But scream, “I am me, I
Am beautiful, I am free.”

I am crying.
Sadly in happiness
Do I weep, I pray the lord my
Council for to keep. I whisper
Soft, “please…” though not to beg
But to ease the ache my soul
Has come to know is you.

Never back away, tell me if
You need to leave though I
Long to hear you will stay.

Sir, I want you happy and well
This is the damdest thing cause

I will
Keep falling and to you I sing
In lyrical language from a soul

In the past that slipped forth
From veins bled not once but

Twice and three times or
More as surrounded by many
It stood alone.

And in aloneness I found me
And draw forth.

He has my history,
you have not,
But to every waking
Hour you I give my thought.