Monday, August 30, 2004

I
It is no longer
About possession or
Commitment to a thing
But the ability to be

Happy and
To be
Ever changing,
To respond to the

Ebb and flow, the
Needs of the other.

I have learned
So much and
Everyday
I learn more.

To feed the
Other’s passions
With joy and
Exuberance.

Make dreams
Come true.

II – Pictures of Youth
We were all
So young, so
Malleable, so
Ready to be
Cherished and molded.
We each did the best
We could, growing
From scratch, growing
Up alone in a house full
Of others. Searching
For identity. Self struggle.

Even then I gave to a fault,
But that fault is my strength
In stubbornness I refuse to bend.
I only need to find
The other who can give the same.

III
You are focused and driven,
Something to which I aspire,
Something I greatly admire.

I am finding our differences
As wondrous as our samenesses.