Sunday, August 29, 2004

I
Artist: Cowboy Junkies
Song: Ring on the sill

“Do you remember when you'd pray to never see the day
when someone would make you feel this way'
Cause you knew they would cut right through you
and once inside, you were afraid they'd find
nothing to hold on to”

II
Do I cut right through to the core of you
Can you feel the strings pulling
Your passion and heart to mine.

III
Ah the strings, they pulled once
My heart to gut and knew I
Despair. An ache so deep it’s more
Real than the cutting of flesh.

If it seems I think too much on death, I can
Only say some things will haunt me all my day.

IV
She thought to keep her distance for she can bear
Losing and the breaking of her heart, dispair.
She would save all from caring and watching
Her die someday. She thinks too much, feels too deep.

She would take the bullet in greed though, to see you live.

V
Jesus Christ these fucking strings of need pull tight.