Sunday, August 29, 2004

I
I am going to spoil you with
Adoration and the maturity of
Intellect and skin on skin - sweet.

I am going to spoil you with giving
Unconditional. Yes I will give,
But even more I will take.

I am going to eat you alive with
Bright smiles and tears, sharing
With you all my hopes and fears.

II
I almost wish I
Could have kept it light and sweet
A brief interlude where we could meet
Now and then.
But seemingly you knew from the start
I would fall deep, you would have my heart.

So if almost meant something,
I Would turn away
Instead I brave it out and choose to stay.

III
I will not be consumed, my life, my time,
But honey you have my heart and mind,
My body's needs and my soul's retreat,
I can only tell you...it's just a matter of time.

IV
Some things are worth patience,
Worth waiting for. In this life,
None other have I such adored.

I set aside my fear, if you could
Only know how deep, how dear it costs,
But some things are worth patience
And so many I have lost.

V
I have always held with me a certain awe
And brought it in to every day.
You feed that awe with laughter and lust
And mirror the joy of life I must have.
I must.

VI
The presence of her hurts me deeply,
Keeps me from that some kind of wonderful that I feel is you.
But you are your own being and have your own way and I
Cannot tell you when to go or stay.
I can only listen, lend an objective ear, take a chance on you
And feel my future is near.