Friday, October 01, 2004

I
“When you comin’ home son”
“I don’t when…but we’ll get together then,
Dad, you know we’ll have a good time then…”

Life is fragile,
Future unknown,
There is only there here
And the now.

Take this week
For in the next
I will come for you
With my needs gently
And surely.

II
I want to hear the excitement in your voice
About the places you are looking and offer
Thoughts sweetly encouraging:
My mind ruling – come to me when ready.
My heart melting – come to me already.

III
Though the words don’t come I trust
Them there at the back of your mind.
Now you know…I will ask for them
When I need their affect on my heart
Beating fast as I once told you,
Flattery will get you everywhere,
And I only accept it from you – no other.

IV
Outwardly serene, my soul twists
In aquatic acrobatics, diving deep and free.
I envision the ultimate freedom being
The union of two individually strong
And I am excited, wanting to explore.