Sunday, September 26, 2004

I
Take words as thoughts
Still in the forming, some
Never needing
To reach completion.
Thank you patience
While I voice these
And let them drop
By the wayside.

II
In me there is the right thing
To such a degree you cannot imagine.
I guess you could say
It was a bad day,
But really, I did not feel well last week,
Which made me think too deep
And the right thing crept forward
Oozing out pores in reticence.

III
Breaking trust with myself once,
Never, never again, so I called you back.
And it all seems irrelevant now
(Cause the world turned sadly for
it is sad when relationships end.)
Though things can flow naturally now and
We can at least see how things go.

IV
In god all I had asked was Chance
For in you I saw pallas
(the spear of) Fate, Kismet kissing
Cupid lightly, though Karma lay
Off kilter, laying in the grass breathing
Deep the rich scent of moist soil turned
Gently with tapered fingers, smiling
With her heart, happy and in no rush.

V
Yesterday day was a good day
Of busy little thing outdoors.
Plants potted, watered,
Front porch swept,
Garage swept, now dirty again
Side yard patrolled.
Played pick-up-sticks
So many and the trees
Noticed in need of a bit
Of pruning, of care.

Front lawn fed as well as myself.
Grocery store, Smoothie king for vita-rush,
Lowes twice for little things, Petsmart for the
Birds and squirrels and the dogs.
Dishes, vacuum, will vacuum again, the carpet
Freshening while I go about the day.

Hair cut too short – I love it, it feels like me.
(And in the shower much later I thought of you.)

Sat down to check the time,
Found you mobile
I messaged “happy birthday”,
Glad I did for you called me back.

The wind
All about you, and I knowing
You were on the lake before
You said so. And I smiled knowing
No place you would rather be.
Your words that first day.

Of money I spent
You chastising and the words thereafter
Made me blush,
My heart rushing with blood.
You were of course right and trust me,
I want you, need you here
We can think of that later.

And I hope you had
A good time last night with friends,
You need to have fun on your birthday,
Hope you are as happy as I, despite…

Do you know,
I am learning
Little things about you. That
In me there is an urgency yet
You see time differently.
Calling me back later means eventually,
Which oddly doesn’t bother me.
Calling me right back means you will and
That we now have time.