Tuesday, August 17, 2004

In words softly sweet,
Tell me
Everything’s gonna be all right.
Tell me
What’s going on.
Tell me
To mind my own business.

Gently of your touch I need
I want
To push you away.
I want
To flee.
I like you too well
Already.

I have faults
You need to find
Though I can’t list them.

I think of you too much.
My god you
Make me, you
Make me
Feel.

I am antithetical,
Weighing to extremes.
I am torn in complexities.
I break down into simplicities
And I find, still, I am happy.
You make me happy.

Trust can be a tenuous thing.
And if ever you doubted,
Don’t doubt on me.
I am unlike anything
You have known or will ever know.

I am not a real girl
I only pretend sometimes with frippery.
I grew by my own rules
And they have stuck with me.

Just know I like you, you.
And there are now things I will not say
Unless you ask them of me.