Saturday, August 21, 2004

I
I cried today
For some things that
Never change.
I had hoped you were
Growing, thought you were.

I tapped into that little girl,
The young women treated
Undeserving, unimportant
Even by and to herself and
I cried for the sadness of years.

I cried for making the right decision
That I thought hurt you deeply, but,
Really broke my own soul. I cried,
Not understanding how I could have
Ever been so weak. I cried feeling

Taken advantage of
I did not let the sentiment bleed
Into the present.

II
I shred my life
Listening to Floyd,
Listing and remembering,
“ah, that was when,”
Sadness and the anger stirring.
Not the best time.

III
These three months and I
Had just decided I
Would die alone and happy.
You shook me.

I see past lean sinew
To the good stuff of you.
That’s what I meant
By “eh, kinda cute.”
*Licks your brain.
You drove me wild
Before we even met.
I missed saying
Bye for now,
Yesterday.
I miss you horribly,
Today.