Friday, August 27, 2004

I
No matter where she has been,
All slept well in her abode
While she restless slept poor.
She slept deep and well at that house on the lake
And then the once at Annie and Dad’s.
But Sanctuary walks her house in the wee hours,
Darkness flowing about her ankles.
The machines whir and the dogs stir, she is home.
She is in a place benefiting
Of the fruits of her labors,
She works hard to feed her soul, to seek her place.
You feel good to her, like groove
In the table she stained by hand that a soft thumb seeks
Absentmindedly. You feel like home.

II
How will I spoil you?
In adoration and honesty,
With words truly scrumptious,
And the desire to understand,
Never anger, never blame.
I will spoil you with respect and
Admiration and desire.

Knowing you in a cursory state,
I saw the tip of my ideals and
Each day knowing you better,
My first thoughts etch deeper.

I am comfortable with you.
Feeling compatible on so many levels.

Quiet today? But my heart is bursting.

It was the last I had to say, but I so want to ask,
Why are you here with me if you are happy with her.