Tuesday, August 24, 2004

I stepped out into the warm dark night
And felt the grass beneath my feet,
The quiet. I was utterly alone and
That’s ok.

Today when you had time, my work drew me.
And I had waited for such a piece of your time.

She raised her
parents poorly and her sister.
Her brother in the end turned out decent
Too bad about the dying young and all.
Her dad really, finally grew up on his own
And he is her family now though distant.
When she raised her husband, she got him
As far as she could, but couldn’t quite
Get him far enough.
Somewhere along the line, though truly
Sprung full grown from the womb,
She raised herself. She grew from a little
Seed into a soft happy peach and in that,
She did a fair good job.
She’s done with raising for now,
And smiles at the other full grown.

No one has ever
Checked up on me
Not ever.
Or made me feel
Like a princess
Not until you.

My fantasy,
My fantasy is you.