Tuesday, August 10, 2004

Two weeks and a day.
And I awake each morn alive,
Heart beating restless.

I drove out to the county line.
Heading east, sun full behind the gray clouds
In the morning light like the moon
I smiled.

I tremble like a little girl vulnerable
Full of trust, full of hope
In the cool night.
I was not ready for this.
And god is always laughing.
I write like the cigarette lit
In an after haze cool and sweet blushing.
Did you think I wouldn’t.

I wear his cross like a candle lit.
It reminds of the bitterness of painful deaths,
Hard goodbyes and family ties
In water like blood. Like blood to the lips
Of Lilith breathing life into the earth.

Softly comes the cool night dreaming
Of passion and the wind aft blowing.
Softly whispers the warm water streaming
Of desire and the sun above burning.

Though you consume me, I lose not self
And that is the stuff of dreams.

Flesh. And the intensity of gaze.

The music streams in crackled lisps of my bass going. Soft songs play. I whispers thier depths and hum in deep tones. The darkness cool, owns it's shadows. They are out there in the playground and down near the creek. I turn for home.