Wednesday, August 11, 2004

I
Woke up just before four a.m., fried a pound of bacon, had coffee and a sandwich. I draw in the half light of dawn and write the sounds of stillness and serenity. Last night, decorum and grace sighed for the future sweet like juice dripping from the mouths of babes. And then you called. I write the intensity swelling in your gaze as you fucked me with your hands and eyes and voice indistinct, my face aflame. I return to dream.

II
Oh you frail boys, weak of body, weak of spirit. I wonder what made one cling to life and the other choose to leave. Both gone, body to the earth, I inherit your strength of passion and desire. I have no worries for in this day I reside no end in mind, but exist to enjoy and to stretch my arms wide to the suns warmth. And did either of you know what it’s like to awake from a dream, the day half gone?