Saturday, August 14, 2004

Princess; it’s like calling a fat man Tiny.

No business falling
In this time and place and space.
They know this and toss the thought aside.
I rethink things over and over to be sure.
I come to the same conclusions and smile.
Life is complicated and yet simple.

These are not for you cowboy, but I had to get them out:

That young girl is still in me.
Felling guilty for being happy.

Sometimes it seems
That the world owed you something.
And I was the world paying.

One quick backslap to the face,
Maybe on several occasions and
You would have paid attention,
Gotten your act together?
That in itself shows our incompatibility.
That’s not the way I live.
How could you not know me after so long, and
How could you have expected me to
Take responsibility for you.
You had to want to give,
I shouldn’t have had to make you.
And I didn’t.

We can only own ourselves and no other.
We must trust them to be their own adult
Even when we know they aren’t.

I am sorry, C,
This day of all days
To hit so hard on things.
But trust, it is not anger,
But sadness and I do miss you.
Happy Birthday.