Tuesday, September 16, 2008

may

May 16, 2008 - Friday


lyric 7 - without guile


I am yours, we both know

lay me down, cover me

your body
heavy on my heart

suddenly, I am far away
floating in the possession
of your smile.

and if this breath that leaves me
never comes again

hungrily we loved
without guile.



May 14, 2008 - Wednesday


lyric 6


like a moth to a flame-<
and on past again>

but for a while-->
she flickers in his light-->

wings beat and broke>
as she flutters next to close>

and her scent of burning-->
on the breeze-->

oh----
oh----
oh-----
she's a woman---now>

she comes and goes—>
comes and goes---->



May 10, 2008 - Saturday


May is here


May is here
and your would have been forty-second birthday
is nearing
but now you are ever my younger brother
not my older

And the days are fading
when I think of how your death made me
but I still think on you
on my decisions and your slow leaving

on my decisions and your slow leaving

and how your death made me
made us all



May 4, 2008 - Sunday


lyric four


young girl
alone in her bed

little heart
beating

little hands
finding

she slips away
humming
strumming

gently

wanting
wanting