Tuesday, September 16, 2008

august

August 29, 2008 - Friday


letting time pass slow


September comes
on the morrow three
and the heat
no abatement alludes

too warmed bones press out
drying flesh
parched lips
never quenched thirst
organs boiling

lover – if that –
from the past
sought; fractured
allusions to the one just gone

Texas, my land, my heart
is sore in her summer
of cracked black gumbo
cicadae soft

yet perhaps the latter
is the years
and my own impending
silence

this year
I wilt with my summer
with my land; fan the gnats away
brain a drift; indifferent

languid
letting time pass slow



August 28, 2008 - Thursday


parts work


I didn't even mean to fall-in with this one guy
we don't even really click so much
but he's a good guy and
on the rare occasion we actually hook-up,
great fun
gets to me every time, which is not that easy.

That's all it is really
except I do like to hear him talk,
really like his writing
and can see what he meant that first time
(a few years back)
when he said don't fall for him.
I can see how most girls do.

The other day someone had asked a friend
"Who's she seeing right now…"
I replied with a "Why do I always have to
be seeing someone..."
I suppose it's that struggle for self-identity
after a long marriage that was kickin' in,
but in case some of you wondered...

Me?
I'll settle for not clicking on occasion;
hell, at least my parts still work.