Friday, September 10, 2004

I search for meaning in a photograph,
Ask of eyes in a face gone these years past,
Spread the cards that speak in tongues,
Touch a slender hand to cool metal,
Ask of a god not of biblical proportions
But of my own device to please lend me
Guidance, yet

As always, I am my own keeper.

The quest for knowledge,
For tangible proof of the acquisition of such,
The price is steep and my own happiness I must keep
In the forethought.

I am ever flowing, rarely compromising, but instead
Adaptable. Even the rush in wind though
Can break at some point.

When adversity strikes I grow still, think deeper
And in that stillness, the denseness, the bubbles
Form to solid mass, and it is hard, churning, coldly
Analytical. It is called “the endeavor to persevere”.
It does what it must to live.

Persevere mostly resides just below the surface,
A soft green moss on roots diving in to moist
Rich soil, only conquered by the brightness
Of the heart and soul that shines in a bright
White light.

The heart that bleeds bright red and smiles
Sweetly on the human touch. The heart that breaks
In sacrifice of others few, almost the martyr.

Others few, this is the purpose of life that sheds
Worldly matters like a cloak in the warmth of spring,
Realigning self. This is happiness. Happiness is you.

And my quest for knowledge? Will never flee.

I am ever thinking in lyrical veins
Bleeding ink on paper for all to view
I am passion bright that feeds the flames.
If time is not yours, I would be time around you
And I would keep you on your toes.

I write in the soft light of dawn,
Lose my coffee, go to look, come back
And find it there beside the book
I had just held when I thought I lost my coffee.

I was a bright, mischieviously introverted child,
You can see it in the eyes even at a year old, yes,
The picture of me being held by daddy smiling.

The meaning of life is
To be happy and love
Truly. I could never attain
A higher doctoral.

Could you support me
While I read and write
And keep the house, and
Plot of ways to thrill you?
Could I? Ah, I love to strategize.

Yesterday was the most beautiful day.
Pris was amazed with all the adversity
And puffy eyes that I smiled and blushed
And spoke of teasing of names, of being happy
In this moment, time and place.