Thursday, April 14, 2005

little pill and the rice drink

I
Don’t remember which light I left on
Didn’t think it was that one.
But the door was locked, the light
Streaming down the long hallway
My shirt smelling like cigarettes and you.

II
She alive and free
Turning cold
Crushed
Her heart a bleedin’
Wine that heads
No voice, findin’
No shelters
In the sun of day.

Chance all the lil’
Heart was a wantin’
Fallin’ so fine
In and out of dreams
And the happiness
Of them chances.

III
The picture
Her friends
Humiliation
He sends
And yet my
Heart is cool.

IV
And the possession
After the backing off
I drink in
Like water on long
Hot days without rain.

V
Hand on linens gripping
Other on smooth flesh…

VI
Stop and think.
Pink Floyd streaming…
There must be some mistake
I didn’t mean to let them take
Away my soul and I too old
Is it too late…
Stop and think
Of contradiction in action
And words, what are you really feeling?