Tuesday, March 15, 2005

Thoughts trip lightly off the tongue
Off the fingertips that searched last eve
For strength stolen without a second’s
Dreaming. She slept well, Candyman.

I step back because I can
Because my thoughts reside
In the tomorrow of his death
In Saturday of his burial
And in two months of his birth
Date and

I step back because thoughts
Of him spur me to live and I
Am afraid of wrong decisions though
I also step back because I can,
Because…it’s alright and feels…
Good in the now like it could be sweet.

Sparkin’ takes a little time though and
It's an in person sort of thing.
It takes a mind and a body,
A smile that does stuff to ya.

I am not the greatness but the sweetness,
And in my independence I am still that girl left
To her own device, making her own way,
In need of cherished words and caress,
That girl that let’s her heart go by the way
For she will not beg, should not have to.

Thoughts that have no meaning more
Than that they tripped forth and others
Bleeding her soul like ink on paper
And the scratch scratch the pen makes..
That she finds so pleasing.