Sunday, March 13, 2005

on divorce and love

I loved you with all of me
As that there was none left, yet
Who can say the day of turning:
The fulcrum at best simply was
Instinctual and you
Were the interruption
Of the forming
That became me.
I loved you with all of me
Would that you could have
Loved me as well,
But now knowing what we do.

I never really took the time to think
Where it went wrong, only that it did.
Never really took the time to place the
Blame, only that it took two and I
Was simply one. Yes I took the time to note
Without you I could not have grown
And finally have said “honey it’s time
To move on…” And then, took the time
To truly know…it was done.

And now?
I love me with all of me
Which paves the way
For loving another
And I will find the one
That loves himself
Just as well, paving
The way for loving me.

Yesterday may have been
Mundane at best and a little stressed
But one of the happiest days
Of my life for the simple reason
I am alive and living,
The future left unknown
As I turn to it gently unassuming.