Saturday, October 09, 2004

I
Friends call, men ask her out
She declines soft and weary
From the day of giving.
Though they are nice enough
It is him she hungers after.

She wants to spoil
With words and laughter,
Adoration and the infatuation
Of those first few weeks that is still
And restless inside her.

Worn in body and spirit and mind,
Soul stirring and in need
Of a feeding of salty flesh
She gains composure and steps lightly
Purposefully back from feeling intrusive.

Antithetical are her instincts
To both flee from and reach for
The ache and the solace that is him.

II
Time is what you need I feel
To yourself to think and do.
If in err please pray tell come
For here I am for you.

And in secret wish
I hope you miss
Me as the brightness
Of your day.

III
Strength waivers without support
And if you cannot be therefore
It must truly and solely
Be found in me and perhaps
In conversation with others.

Tell me I'm wrong but this
Is the best I can suppose.