Sunday, May 27, 2007

limerick

She came one day in soft little Ohs,
who'd a thunk she'd become a giggler.
and coo to the bounce of a lovely man
who's an ardent slap and a tickler.



prodigal child

Mam had grandiose dreams
of a prodigal child
practice wasn't a thing tolerated
everything should come easy
and at her whim - even life -

dance, cello, flute, guitar
and that was just for me
there was another girl once
with dreams, and a boy.

But all I was good at was
being distracted and shy
books and being a goof

Now, I'd say I'm good at something
I can write, I can fuck like crazy
(though that stays in my pants)
and I can feel my freedom
in the low grind of a good beat

an old soul finally letting go

the kind a girl that walks
off a broken toe for weeks

funny thing is I really wanted
to play that guitar and sing
if she ever would have let me – sing.