Thursday, May 24, 2007

i may become that girl

Though I am fearless I do fear
I may become that girl –
Mrs. Parker and her boys –
writing my wit and reaching fame
with a string of lovers in a line
nothing ever keeping long
the highs the lows
the only difference?
She was weak where I am strong.



something in me shivers

My god the day got dark
still, cool and calm;
I wait for the cloud burst pensive
breathing deep, thinking
much too much as always
distractions lacking comfort.

Something in me shivers
a single lover in the last two years
I held as long as ever we could have last-
but in this damp, I hunger
the clouds open and I want.


friends surrounding

I surround myself
with beautiful men,
beautiful women.

They come in many
a shape and size
and color; laughter
surrounds us
much as care does.

I surround myself
with beautiful men,
beautiful women.