Tuesday, October 12, 2004

I would say the morning dawns chill but it is not yet dawn when I arise to let the dogs out. I snuggled deep into the cool summer linens, careful not to move to far away from the warm cocoon of sleep. Slow sluggish thoughts form and the ease in which I awoke fades into a tenseness about the neck. I stop vague, pensive thoughts with another of warm winter flannels; moose and trees, birds in flight. The ones I bought when daddy was down last November helping with the house. I smile. And think of yesterday, the closing on the house, the conversation that ensued. I was excited about my things, you were excited about yours. We are excited for each other and listened intent. I love the way you won’t let me back away even from the gentle need of someone to listen, to share, to communicate and be understood. My needs are simple..